TACTICAL DEFENSE SERIES: Advanced Handgun Techniques
6 HOURS, 8am Safety & Legal Processing, 8:30 Start
Minimum 4, Maximum 7
- PASS the TDS Intermediate Handgun class, within last 12 months; Otherwise, must PASS the TDS Intermediate Shooting Qualification again
- Pass the Holster Drawing Class
10-15 hours, live-fire practice, after NRA Basic Pistol and before Entrance Exam
For those shooters that have passed the TDS Intermediate Handgun Techniques Course, and want to continue their development of handgun skills.
This course includes
- Classroom instruction and shooting theory;
- Hands-on dry fire practice;
- Live-fire drills on the pistol range;
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Drawing from the Holster and Re-Holstering;
- Safe Draw Stroke Techniques, from Concealment;
- Timed drills on VTAC targets;
- Instruction and drilling on different types of shooting from moving and stationary positions.
- Continued Instruction and drilling on different types of reloading techniques;
- 1 Handgun (semi-automatic or revolver), not included. Bring your own, or rent one of ours.
- Ammunition 500 rounds. Bring your own, or buy some of ours.
- Eyes and Ears Protection. Bring your own, or rent some of ours.
- A strong quality side holster, w/ two magazine holders. Bring your own, or buy one of ours.
- A light jacket or sweatshirt for concealment drills. Bring your own or buy one of our Tshirts.
For holster, draw stroke, re-holster
For shooting from stationary and moving positions
For reloading techniques
Pass/Fail at the discretion of the instructor.
· No ankle or shoulder holsters.
Long Shot Pistol and Rifle, 375 County Avenue, Secaucus, NJ 07094
Inquire online or at 201.735.1875
- Saturday 09/22/18 at 8:00 am
- Sunday 10/21/18 at 8:00 am
- Sunday 11/11/18 at 8:00 am
- Saturday 12/15/18 at 8:00 am