TACTICAL DEFENSE SERIES: Intermediate Handgun Techniques
6 HOURS, 8am Safety & Legal Processing, 8:30 Start
Minimum 4, Maximum 7
- PASS the NRA Basic Pistol Course within last 12 months, (show certificate).
- PASS Long Shot's Holster Drawing Class
10-15 hours, live-fire practice, after NRA Basic Pistol and before Entrance Exam
For those shooters that have passed the NRA Basic Pistol Course, and want to continue their development of handgun skills. This course includes
- Classroom instruction and shooting theory;
- Hands-on dry fire practice;
- Live-fire drills on the pistol range;
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Advanced sight and target acquisition techniques in the VR theater;
- Introduction to Holster Drawing
- Rhythm targeting drills;
- Different types of reloading techniques;
- Weapons Malfunctions
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED: (Bring your own, or rent / by ours.)
- 1 Handgun (semi-automatic or revolver), not included.
- 2 additional magazines. Complimentary if rent our gun.
- Magazine pouch.
- Ammunition 400 rounds.
- Eyes and Ears Protection.
Modified 50 round shooting sequence. Pass/Fail at the discretion of the instructor.
- 10 rds at 15 yds
- 10 rds at 10 yds
- 10 rds at 07 yds
- 05 rds at 05 yds, strong hand
- 05 rds at 05 yds, support hand
- 03 rds at 03 yds, strong hand
- 05 rds at 03 yds, support hand
- You can bring upto 3 mags for your semi-automatic; one in the gun, two spare magazine holders or in a gun belt;
- No ankle or shoulder holsters.
Long Shot Pistol and Rifle, 375 County Avenue, Secaucus, NJ 07094
Inquire online or at 201.735.1875
- Saturday 09/08/18 at 08:00am
- Saturday 10/13/18 at 08:00am
- Saturday 11/10/18 at 08:00am
- Saturday 12/08/18 at 08:00am