RANGE SAFETY RULES
FAILURE TO FOLLOW RANGE RULES MAY RESLT IN YOUR INJURY AND E V E N D E AT H
01. Controlled Substances: No one may enter a GUN BAY, shoot on a FIRING LINE or transport or handle a firearm
on the PREMISES, under the influence
of alcohol or any other controlled substance including prescription medication.
02. Shooting In Pairs: Each shooter must be accompanied by another shooter or observer. Only Active or Retired Law Enforcement Officers may shoot alone.
03. Max Number of Guests per Lane:
Max of TWO Shooters or Observers per lane.
04. Rental Age Requirement:
For Handguns, minimum 21 years old
For Long Guns, minimum 18 years old
05. Shooting Age Requirement:
Min 13 yrs of age with Parent. Any gun.
06. Carrying of Firearms and Ammunition:
- a. Firearms must be in a CASE OR A BAG when entering and exiting the PREMISES
- b. Firearms may only be uncased or unbagged inside the Gun Bays.
- c. Firearms must be UNLOADED when entering or exiting the PREMISES.
- d. Magazines, clips and speed loaders must be UNLOADED when entering or exiting the PREMISES
- e. Firearms, magazines, clips and speed loaders may be loaded only at firing line
07. Inspection of Guns and Ammo:
All GUNS and AMMUNITION are
subject to inspection and approval. Any DISQUALIFIED guns or ammunition must be immediately REMOVED from the PREMISES.
08. Use of Customer's Own Ammo:
NO STEEL CORE ammunition allowed, and NO TRACERammunition allowed.
a. May only shoot slug.
b. May not shoot steel slug.
c. May only fire from the shoulder.
d. May not have a pistol grip.
10. Use of Ammunition with Rentals:
Firearms rented at Long Shot may only shoot ammunition purchased at LongShot.
11. Use of Eyes and Ears Protection:
Must be worn AT ALL TIMES in Gun Bays.
12. Use of Safe Shoes and Shirts: Brassis extremely hot on skin. No open toed shoes. No low cut shirts or tee shirts.
13. Mind your footing: Spent brass casings will be strewn on floor
underfoot. Allow Long Shot Staff to
14. Use of Holsters: WEARING A
OR DRAWING from a holster is only permitted for Law Enforcement, Military and civilians passing a proficency test at Long Shot.
15. Use of Mobile Phones: A dangerous
distraction, the use of mobile phones are not permitted inside the Gun Bays.
16. Use of Targets: Only Long Shot
paper targets are permitted in the Gun Range. Shoot only at your paper target in your own lane.
17. Testing Guns for Purchase: Any first
time shooter with a valid NJ Permit who wishes to PURCHASE a handgun may conduct a prior SHOOTING TEST by renting 30 minutes of range time and up to two handguns. A Range Safety Officer must be present in lane
18. Gun Handling on the Firing Line:
- a. Always keep your gun pointed down range
- b. Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire
- c. Always keep action open and firearm unloaded until ready to shoot
- d. To leave firing line temporarily or pass your gun to another shooter, you MUST leave all firearms on bench, unloaded, with the action open and the muzzle pointing downrange.
- e. Identify your target and what is behind the target
- f. Be sure gun is safe to operate
- prior to discharging.
- g. Know how to use the gun safetyh. Use only correct ammunition for
- your specific gun
- I. Unload, open the action, remove the magazine and bench all
- firearms during a cease-fire
19. Respect For Every Firearm: Treat every firearm as if it were loaded until you have personally proven otherwise.
a. Never give or accept a closedgun.
b. Always exchange firearm with the slide locked back and magazine out
20. Misfires or Malfunctions: If you require assistance with a misfire, for a malfunction or any other reason
a. Bench firearm pointing downrange
b. Signal an RSO to come to your lane
c. NEVER leave the firing line with a loaded or jammed firearm
21. No fast or rapid firing allowed:
Allow at least 3 seconds between shots.
22. Report any unsafe conduct to an RSO
23. Expulsion from Premises: Any VIOLATION of Range Safety Rules, orany BEHAVIOR DEEMED DANGEROUSby Long Shot will result in an immediate REPRIMAND, including up to EXPULSION from the premises.
24. NO REFUNDS: No refunds of any kind for Persons EXPELLED from the Premises.
25. Long Shot Safety Rules are subject to change.
26. Long Shot and its staff shall not be
held liable for any damages incurred from use of ammunition purchased at Long Shot. Customers will recourse to resolve any and all issues directly with the manufacturer of the product.